Meaning of am by Wiktionary Dictionary
- ( Sometimes lower case ) From Latin ante meridiem, meaning "before noon ( 12:00 )".
- See also: A.M .
- ( communication ) 頭文字 of Amplitude Modulation.
- Contrasted with FM
- ( education ) 頭文字 of Artium Magister .
- ( education ) 頭文字 of Master of Arts .
- ( politics, UK ) 頭文字 of Assembly Member. ( A title similar to MP, placed after the name of a Member of the Welsh National Assembly. )
- ( property law ) 頭文字 of Automated Mapping. ( Used in conjunction with Facilities Managements abbreviations ( AM/FM ). )
- M.A., MA, ma
- Am [AS. am, eom, akin to Gothic im, Icel. em, Olr. am, Lith. esmi, L. sum., Gr. , Zend ahmi, Skr. asmi, fr. a root as to be. See Are, and cf. Be, Was.] The first person singular of the verb be, in the indicative mode, present tense. See Be.
God said unto Moses, I am that am. Exod. iii. 14.
By Wiktionary ( 2010/11/30 18:42 UTC Version )
Explanation of am by Wordnet Dictionary
Definition of am by GCIDE Dictionary