Meaning of by accident by Wiktionary Dictionary
- Accidentally; unintentionally; without meaning to; as the result of an event not expected, aided, or designed by one's will .
- As the result of some undesigned, unintended, unrelated, natural, or random occurrence; as the unexpected and unforeseen result of formerly unrelated factors .
- The car got totaled by accident; a giant snowdrift fell off the church roof .
- The only way that project still exists today is by accident; I thought we closed it years ago .
- The scholar thinks the quote and the parable were spoken on different occasions and only by accident were brought together here .
- By chance; unexpectedly; as the result of an unrelated series of events .
- I hadn't seen her for years, but I ran into her by accident at the store .
- She overheard the information by accident .
- on accident
- on purpose
- Accidental; as the result of some unforeseen happening or series of events; unexpected; resulting from an event without the foresight, expectation, aid, or design of the person by whose agency it was caused; unintentional .