Meaning of deorbit by Wiktionary Dictionary
- ( transitive ) To cause to leave orbit.
- 1996, DIANE Publishing Company, Intelligence Threat Handbook
- 1998, Curtis Peebles, High Frontier: The U.S. Air Force & the Military Space Program - Page 59
- 2007, U.S. Government, Proposed fiscal year 2008 budget request for the Department of the Interior ... - Page 83
- ( intransitive ) Of an orbiting object, such as a satellite, to leave orbit.
- 1986, Gloria W. Heath, ed., Space Safety and Rescue, 1984-1985: Proceedings of Symposia, page 62
- 2001, Rex Hall, David Shayler, The Rocket Men: Vostok & Voskhod, the First Soviet Manned Spaceflights, page 192
- 2002, Dan Simmons, "The End of Gravity", in Worlds Enough & Time: Five Tales of Speculative Fiction, page 251