Meaning of duchess by Wiktionary Dictionary
- IPA: /ˈdʌ.tʃəs/, X-SAMPA: /"dV.tS@s/
- ( UK, informal ) to court or curry favour for political or business advantage; to flatter obsequiously.
- 1956, John Thomas Lang, I Remember, page 64,
- 1996, Shane Maloney, The Brush-Off, 2003, page 46,
- 2004, Humphrey McQueen, A New Britannia, Fourth Edition, page 66,
- 2006, Jacqueline Dickenson, Renegades and Rats: Betrayal and the Remaking of Radical Organisations in Britain and Australia, page 144,
Explanation of duchess by Wordnet Dictionary