Meaning of fixed-point by Wiktionary Dictionary
- ( mathematics ) A value which is unchanged by a function or other mapping. Formally: a value x for which f( x ) = x.W
- The Bonan-Jeener's triple Klein bottle is not equivalent to the Boy's surface, as can be ascertained by the fact that a 120° rotation of the triple Klein bottle around its axis of symmetry yields no fixed point, whereas a similar rotation of the Boy's surface does yield a fixed point, which is its "umbilical point" as it were .
- ( computing ) A fractional-number representation with a fixed number of digits after the decimal point. Compare floating point and integer .
- ( mathematics ): fixpoint
- ( mathematics ): attractor
By Wiktionary ( 2012/06/18 02:26 UTC Version )