Meaning of hot stove by Wiktionary Dictionary
- A relatively low-powered kitchen appliance used in lieu of a proper stove .
- ( baseball ) Term that defines the baseball offseason where trades are taking place and teams look to sign free agents. ( e.g. The "hot stove" report )
- 1986 April 30, Dan Shaughnessy, “Pregame prediction was just a little off”, The Boston Globe 
- 1989, February 13, Roger Angell, Season Ticket: A Baseball Companion, page 22, Ballantine Books
- 1994 November, Peter C. Bjarkman, Baseball with a Latin Beat, page 286, McFarland & Company