Meaning of inbox by Wiktionary Dictionary
- ( RP ) IPA: /ˈɪnbɒks/
- ( GenAm ) IPA: /ˈɪnbɑks/, /ˈɪmbɑks/
- A container in which all the papers to be dealt with are put .
- ( computing ) an electronic folder serving the same purpose .
- ( figuratively ) The aggregate of items that demand one's attention or effort .
- 1999, Michael Szenberg, Passion and Craft: Economists at Work, page 187:
- 2002, Perry M. Smith, Rules & Tools for Leaders, page 122:
- 2006, Sally Beare, , page 177:
By Wiktionary ( 2012/03/06 21:02 UTC Version )