Meaning of men by Wiktionary Dictionary
- Persons who are experts in an area; e.g. horsemen, sportsmen .
- Persons who are employed or hold a position in an area; e.g lawmen, newsmen .
- Persons who have special characteristics relating to an area, e.g. freemen, icemen, supermen .
- In certain cases, persons who derives from a particular nationality; e.g. Scotsmen, Chinamen .
- Men ( mĕn ), n., pl. of Man.
- Men, pron. [OE. me, men. “Not the plural of man, but a weakened form of the word man itself.” Skeat.] A man; one; -- used with a verb in the singular, and corresponding to the present indefinite one or they. [Obs.] Piers Plowman.
Men moot give silver to the poure friars. Chaucer.
A privy thief, men clepeth death. Chaucer.
By Wiktionary ( 2012/01/18 18:10 UTC Version )
Explanation of men by Wordnet Dictionary
Definition of men by GCIDE Dictionary