Meaning of photograph by Wiktionary Dictionary
- IPA: /ˈfəʊtəɡrɑːf/, X-SAMPA: /'f@Ut@grA:f/
- Photograph on Wikipedia .
- Children photograph well
- Photograph n. [Photo- + -graph.] A picture or likeness obtained by photography.
- Photograph, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Photographed ; p. pr. & vb. n. Photographing] To take a picture or likeness of by means of photography; as, “to photograph a view; to photograph a group.”
He makes his pen drawing on white paper, and they are afterwards photographed on wood. Hamerton.
Also used figuratively.
He is photographed on my mind. Lady D. Hardy.
- Photograph, v. i. To practice photography; to take photographs.
photo- + -graph
Explanation of photograph by Wordnet Dictionary
Definition of photograph by GCIDE Dictionary