Meaning of pie by Wiktionary Dictionary
- ( UK ) IPA: /pʌɪ/
- ( US ) enPR: pī, IPA: /paɪ/, X-SAMPA: /paI/
- Homophone: pi, π
- Rhymes: -aɪ
- A type of pastry that consists of an outer crust and a filling .
- Extended to other, non-pastry dishes that maintain the general concept of a shell with a filling .
- ( Northeastern US ) Pizza .
- ( figuratively ) The whole of a wealth or resource, to be divided in parts.
- ( letterpress typography ) A disorderly mess of spilt type .
- ( cricket ) An especially badly bowled ball .
- ( pejorative ) a gluttonous person .
- ( slang ) vulva
- 1981, William Kotzwinkle, Jack in the Box
- 2010, W. A. Moltinghorne, Magnolia Park ( page 238 )
- apple pie
- chicken pie
- cottage pie
- cutie pie
- cream pie
- easy as pie
- have one's fingers in many pies
- humble pie
- meat pie
- mince pie
- ( historical ) The smallest unit of currency in South Asia, equivalent to 1/192 of a rupee or 1/12 of an anna.
- EIP, ipe, ipé, PEI
From Hindi पाई ( pāī, “quarter” ), from Sanskrit पादिका ( pādikā ) .
Explanation of pie by Wordnet Dictionary