Meaning of the 'G' by Wiktionary Dictionary
- ( Australian, informal ) The Melbourne Cricket Ground ( MCG ), situated in Melbourne, Australia
- 1999 Jenny Zimmer, Joanna Capon & Caroline Field, Anthony Pryor: sculpture & drawings, 1974-1991, Palgrave Macmillan Australia, p201
- 2001 Jay Newman, Biblical religion and family values: a problem in the philosophy of culture, Greenwood Publishing Group, p101
- The multigenerational families throughout Australia file off to the footy ( again the word football seemed too difficult to say so the word was shortened; the Melbourne Cricket Ground was reduced to the MCG but that was shortened to the “G” – the next permutation will probably be just the sound “gah” ) every Saturday afternoon be it Aussie Rules or Rugby .
- 2005 Garrie Hutchinson, Best Australian Sports Writing 2004, Black Inc., pxii
- 2008 Donna Wheeler, Lonely Planet Melbourne and Victoria City Guide, Lonely Planet, p67