Meaning of touchdown by Wiktionary Dictionary
- ( US football, Canadian football ) A six-point score occurring when the ball enters possession of a team's player in the opponent's end zone. Analogous to a try in rugby .
- ( aviation ) The moment when an aircraft makes first or final contact with the ground during a landing .
- ( rugby ) A try
- ( aviation ) To land an aircraft .
- ( US football ) To score a touchdown
- ( rugby ) To score a try.
By Wiktionary ( 2012/02/07 02:31 UTC Version )
Explanation of touchdown by Wordnet Dictionary